a little about this blog...

I've found myself in the place of having kids just a few years older than some of my friends and seem to get phone calls and emails asking questions about various parenting topics. Not that I am wiser than anyone else on this parenting journey - the funny stories of disastrous results and embarrassing moments are usually the ones that result in the most learning. I love to learn about how all kids think, wonder at how they are created, and am passionate about seeing them develop into their full potential - creatively, emotionally, and spiritually.

This blog contains thoughts about the parenting journey from my own experiences or about things I've learned from those around me. Thanks to my friend Alli for getting me started and to Susan, Nicole, Teresa, Kristi, Beth, and Victoria for being on the journey with me...


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Taking a Blogging Break

Hello Blog friends!

I just want to thank you for your encouragement, motivation, and inspiration over the last year of my blogging journey. It was a fantastic experiment for me as a parent and I'm so glad to have these stories and anecdotes written down to share with my children one day.

Our family is embarking on a new adventure that we're calling Family Learning. For a variety of reasons, we are planning to home school our kids and will be joining them in their educational discoveries with "the world is our classroom" as our philosophy.  While we have enjoyed much growth, success, and learning in the public schools and are thankful for what we've experienced in those rich environments, we are looking forward to see where this next chapter will take us as a family. We'll be working this first year on developing ideas and strategies for what works best for us and I know that will be taking up a lot of my educational and parenting thoughts and time.

Over the years I have learned that as a mom I need to be intentional about what I am purposely spending my time doing. I'm presently in the process of experiencing God pruning things from my life and watching some things come to an end to make room for growth in other areas.

Thank you for your thoughtful emails, supportive messages, and encouraging comments. I wish for each of you to continue experiencing an exciting, challenging, and exhilarating Parenting Journey in Progress!

Sincerely,
Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment